If you want to purchase Aweber, please consider purchasing through my affiliate link:
Aweber or Mailchimp? Is one better than the other?
What about Constant Contact?
What about MadMimi?
There are many email marketing services, but the two that are constantly at the top of the charts are Aweber and Mailchimp.
Aweber Vs Mailchimp
Aweber was started in 1998 to serve sales people primarily as an autoresponder service to follow up with their leads.
Mailchimp was founded three years later in 2001, as a webbased email marketing application for marketers.
Both have been dominating the email marketing space for over a decade, which in internet years is a LONG TIME!
Let’s list the pros and cons of each:
- Fantastic email tracking and statistics
- An intuitive autoresponder for follow up right out of the gate
- A GREAT affiliate program
- older designs and template system
- no FREE option
- A FREE account for up to 2,000 subscribers or 12,000 emails
- A simple drag and drop design feature for your campaigns
- A user interface that’s easy on the eyes and contemporary
- A light hearted company culture laced with humor and artistic thinking
- The FREE account is very limited. No autoresponder for example.
- Mailchimp’s tracking and statistics isn’t as accurate as Aweber
- The autoresponder sequence builder isn’t as intuitive
- No affiliate program
In the end BOTH are great services, but I had to make Aweber the champion.
I started out as a Mailchimp user and found that a lot of the tracking was wrong, when it came to segmenting users according to activity.
I would segment folks who didn’t open or click on specific campaigns off on to another email following up with why they didn’t open or click.
Many said that they had.
This means that Mailchimp’s tracking wasn’t accurate.
I switched to Aweber and I haven’t had the same problem at all.
What do you think?
Do you use either Aweber or Mailchimp?
Who wins in the end for you?
Let me know in the comments!