Day 3 – 4
He wrote on the impact that singer/songwriter Marc Cohn had on his life.
And rightly so. He’s such an under appreciated songwriter. Read Andrew’s article if you’ve never really been a Cohn fan. So many great songs!
Be a Better Songwriter
Listening to guys like Cohn will inspire you as a writer. I’m challenged by his lyrical craftsmanship; and the way he puts it all to such soulful music. As a praise and worship writer I want to write creatively and thoughtfully.
It’s very easy, in the praise and worship genre, to fall back on weary clichés and overdone melodies.
I’ve written several songs, and have done a series on songwriting here at the blog, but I’ve still got much to grow in!
Some other articles from the 10 Blogs on songwriting:
- Here’s the most important conversation you have before you sit down to write your worship song.
- Here’s an insightful interview on songwriting with Robbie Seay.
- Follow John as he starts and finishes a new song every day for seven days. Love this idea!
- Five reasons David may never sing one of your songs. And the same for me by the way…
- Three words that you will never wear out in your songwriting.