So much of the way I write and work is due to this man’s walk with God.
His legacy of creating and writing, and most importantly critical thinking has had such an influence on millions. I hope to soon review some of the books here on the blog that have personally impacted me the most.
For now let’s roll out some amazing quotes he came up with that most people don’t even realize were his.
22 C.S. Lewis Quotes:
- “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods.”
- “We are what we believe we are.”
- “Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.”
- “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.”
- “Joy is the serious business of heaven.”
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.”
- “Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.”
- “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'”
- “Courage, dear heart.”
- “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
- “Humility is not thinking less of yourself; it’s thinking of yourself less.”
- “Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.”
- “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.”
- “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal.”
- “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts.”
- “There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable.”
- “Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny.”
- “Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.”
- “We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.”
- “Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.”
These quotes encapsulate C.S. Lewis’ profound insights on topics such as friendship, love, faith, courage, and the human condition. They continue to resonate with readers and inspire millions around the world.
If you’re new to the C.S. Lewis universe, you’ve discovered a treasure chest of wisdom that awaits you. Here is a short bio on the man if you want to learn a bit more. In short, he was an author and scholar, leaving behind a mountain of wisdom and inspiration through his writings.