Many of you know by now that Katie and I have decided to move to Greensboro, NC to take a staff position at Living Way Church.
It has been a 6 month process of seeking the Lord and getting counsel. Although the decision was very difficult, we know it is where God is leading us.
The decision was made at the end of February and the news has been public at Grace Church since March. Our last Sunday here will be this coming Sunday, April the 25th. It will certainly be a bittersweet morning for us.
Will McFarlane, who has been based out of Grace Church doing itinerant ministry for the last several years, has shown excitement stepping in to lead worship at Grace for the time being. I know it will be an exciting time for Grace as God uses Will in his unique gift of gospel proclamation. Grace is truly blessed to have him!
At Living Way I will primarily serve as Worship Pastor, but I’ll be wearing many other hats as well. Can I ask you to join us in praying for a few things?
• Pray for spiritual protection. God has been so faithful during this season of transition, but the enemy would sure love to see us give in to worry or fear of the unknown. Pray that we keep our eyes on Christ and his love. There is no fear in that.
• Pray for safety. We will continue to live in Chapel Hill through the summer while Katie fulfills her nursing contract at UNC hospital. Pray for safety while I commute to Greensboro.
• Pray for us to find a place to live. We will most likely be moving around August/September. There’s a really sweet possibility to rent a house from a 93 year old man who doesn’t want to put the house on the market. It’s an older 3-bed 2-bath home, built in the 30’s, loads of character, and would be less than our little apartment in Chapel Hill! We’d love to be there. Maybe there would even be a purchase option attached to the lease.
• Pray for Katie to find a job. Although I’ll be full time, we would still prefer that Katie continues to work. She would love to find a job in neonatal nursing, but there are no needs at any of the hospitals at the moment in that field.
• Pray for grace to grow in my worship, pastoral, and leadership gifting as we serve at Living Way Church. Like I said I’ll be wearing many hats and I’ll need to know the balance of working hard and resting in God.
We are so grateful for all of our friends! Particularly the people and leaders of Grace Church have been so honoring. We’re thankful to be going with blessing, support, and wind in our sails. I’ve been here for over 8 years and Katie has been here almost 6… It’s been an amazing season that we will never forget.
I’m also reminded that for believers goodbye is never truly goodbye. The future always looks bright when we consider God’s sovereign plan for his kingdom and people.