Christa Wells is a songwriter we should all learn from. Not only is she a skilled writer of lyric and melody, but her journey as a songwriter is a great example for us to follow.
Her new album, Feed Your Soul (fully funded by her fans through Kickstarter), is scheduled to release Tuesday, August the 13th.
In this episode, I was able to sit down with Christa as she shared her story of coming to faith in Christ, how she got started as a writer, a behind the scenes look into her songwriting process, and more.
Most people would know of her poignant song Held as performed by Natalie Grant, which lead to Christa being named Songwriter of the year in 2006 by the Gospel Music Association. But she’s a performer of her own songs as well; which can be seen on more than 5 recording projects.
Listen to or download the podcast here, and check out the detailed show notes below….[powerpress]
Here are some of the other things we talked about in the interview:
- Erasing lines between music and faith
- Being a home-schooling mom of five and finding time to write
- How doors for publishing opened for her
- The importance of making time for yourself as an artist
- Her work with Masterpiece Ministries
- The story of the upcoming album Feed Your Soul
Important Links for Christa
- Christa on Facebook
- Christa on Twitter
- Her music on iTunes
- Christa’s songwriting credits
Other Things Mentioned
For CMB-ites only…
If you got the e-mail you know what to do in the comments to win a copy of Christa’s upcoming album…