On session 28 of the podcast, I had fellow worship pastor, songwriter, blogger, and podcaster, David Santistevan. We have a couple things in common, and wanted to get the word out on our end about what he’s up to.
One of the many things that I love about this guy is his passion for vision. Vision is a word that you hear a lot these days – especially in leadership circles. Having vision and a clear picture of what your purpose is, leads to more focus, productivity, and having more to leverage in your life for the glory of God. I’ve talked about vision before on the podcast, but I’d like to highlight the unique way that David says it.
Simply put: Thinking beyond Sunday.
Three words that pastors, and church leaders, (including worship leaders and musicians in the church) immediately resonate with. Leaders long for being more on top of it, more organized, more planned ahead.
David’s e-book and podcast with the same title, Beyond Sunday, is all about this. And in our conversation, it’s what we hone in on the most.
If you’re not a “worship leader”, don’t tune out. There are still principles that you can apply.
Listen to or download the podcast here, and check out the detailed show notes below….[powerpress]
Here’s what we discussed:
- David’s story growing up in music
- His first encounter with God in worship
- Vision restored
- Leadership and discipleship
- Beyond Sunday (e-book)
- Working with folks who are better than you
- A Kingdom focus
- Creating the plan
- Does the vision line up with the mission
- Weekly, monthly, annually
- Knowing your church well
- The Worship Songwriter (e-book)
- The steps of writing a singable worship song
- Thoughts on co-writing sessions
- Churches releasing music
- Worship songs that serve
- David’s blog and podcast
- David’s future membership site, Worship Leader Mentor
- Beyond Sunday Podcast (iTunes link)
- The Worship Songwriter (e-book link)
- David’s workshops and seminars for worship teams
- David on Twitter
- David on Facebook
If you’re on our e-mail list, look up the e-mail I sent, where I talked about how you can win a copy of Undying Love – The live album from David’s church Allison Park Church.
Once you’re ready, leave your comment below!