From professional baseball to full time music making, Brady Toops, is an example of hard work, honest artistry, and what it looks like to live in community.
His sound is a convergence of his influences from gospel music, traditional folk, and rock and roll.
In our conversation we talked about his new self titled album released in August, produced by David Leonard of All Sons and Daughters, as well as what life looks like as an unsigned musicpreneur.
Listen to or download the podcast here, and check out the detailed show notes below….[powerpress]
Here are some highlights
- Brady’s story growing up
- Writing songs and playing pro baseball
- Moving to Nashville
- Artist development
- The new album “Brady Toops”
- Working with David Leonard of All Sons and Daughters
- Self management and being a one man team
- Starting a small business from scratch
- Keeping costs minimal
- Understanding all aspects of the business
- Wise decisions
- Labels and momentum
- 95% hard work and no glamor
- Creating moments for people
- Shifting to doing the things that only you can do
- Community and travel
- Many fathers and mothers all over
- The song Lord Have Mercy
- Brady’s influences