How does business and ministry work well together? Is it possible?
Today on the podcast, I was joined by my good friend Jimmy Lakey. Jimmy is a renaissance man and entrepreneur who has started several businesses, from concert promotion, artist management, and even pursuits in public service and politics.
Listen to the podcast here, and scroll below for more details, notes, and links….[powerpress]
Here’s some of what we talked about…
- Jimmy’s start
- Concert promotion defined
- How concert promotion have changed the last ten years
- Is business bad?
- Advice for indie artists
- Build the following
- Growing in your craft
- Jimmy’s current view of CCM
- The story of adopting their son River
- How River’s adoption tied to starting a non-profit for orphans
- Rwanda and rebuilding
- Rivers’ Promise
- Lakey Cigars
- Jimmy’s weekly radio show
- River’s Promise on Twitter
- Lakey Presents on Twitter
- Jimmy on Facebook
Other things mentioned
- Wayne Grudem’s book – Business For The Glory of God
- CMB 031 : John Mays, Artist Development, and the Future of Music
- CMB 029 : Stephen Miller And An Appeal To Worship Leaders
- Leverage Your Life (VIDEO with Robbie Seay)
Here’s Daniel Bashta and David Crowder singing Daniel’s song, Like A Lion.